- Adjustment - altering the pipette so that the dispensed volume is within the specifications.
- Air Displacement Pipettes - are meant for general use with aqueous solutions. In air displacement pipettes, a certain volume of air remains between the piston and the liquid.
- Aspirate - to draw up the sample.
- Blow-out - to empty the tip completely.
- Calibration check - checking the difference between the dispensed volume and the selected volume.
- Dispense - to deliver the sample.
- Positive Displacement Pipettes - are used for high viscosity and volatile liquids. In positive displacement pipettes, the piston is in direct contact with the liquid.
- Pipette vertical, tip immersed about 1 cm into the liquid.
- Pipette vertical, tip immersed about 3 cm into the liquid.
- Pipette at a 30 - 40 degree angle; tip immersed about 3-4 cm into the liquid.
Pipettes, Calibration & Repair Service